My yard of joy

Being home for vacation and separated from my machine for an year now! I am so exited to try something just to refresh my memory of how good it feels to be stitching again.

So I started thinking if I should do a dress or just start with a crop top. Either way I got this silverish white piece of cloth. I decided to cut out the back and front to the same pattern since I just aimed at a simple finished piece and nothing very complex.


I used two pieces for the front and two for the back to give it the stiffness I desired. I stitched together the basic pieces and ended
 up with something like this.


I stitched the neckline by hand giving it this look.


I realized that this thing won't fit me :p I had cut it kindof small in the sides and needed a wordaround. Thankfully I had enough extra piece of the material left to make some adjustments.

I decided to add this piece on either side with a tying at the back to get and appropriate fit.


This is probably going to take me more time than I thought..its been two days now, I thought of this as a one day warmup project :p certainly not what I expected :) 

Comments

Popular Posts