Fabric and Stenciling

Stencil and fabric have always worked work well for me. This is one such where in I just made one stencil and repeated the pattern a couple of times to achieve the ethnic look I wanted. I cut the stencil out on a transparent sheet using a hand knife and scissors.


I stenciled this design along the neckline using golden fabric paint and stitched in a couple of white stones to complete the look. Before using fabric paints, it is always necessary to make sure the fabric will aid this kind of painting, its very common for the paint to blot on some fabrics. For some fabric textures the paint seeps in staining the other side of the dress. Its always best to use a paper to separate the front and back of the dress before painting on to it.


This is the design I chose to do on the back of the dress to go with the front. I also assembled a golden plus green border to go with this dress to add some contrast and color to it.


My dirty stencil after I was all done. I still keep it, for it can be used again :D.


Comments

Popular Posts