French Knots

French knots are perfect while embroidering floral designs, they are great to fill in gaps and make the overall design look dense. I achieved this pretty looking, almost symmetric design along the neckline with just the wheel stitch and the french knots.



Given a choice, I don't prefer using patterns or doing absolutely symmetric designs that needs tracing....I work more free hand, that brings in a lot of flexibility. This way I embroider even when I travel and when I have really less time, I can still do small bits. I did this one by just approximately estimating the positions of the flowers on either sides. I started from the shoulder and added the flowers on either sides as I went along. Then did the white french knots for a more sophisticated look.


Comments

Popular Posts