Jute joy




Jute sheets that I have purchased in craft stores come with a small plastic lining on one side. This has always made me seek them as a suitable hand purse/ pencil pouch raw material. Its easy to stitch them up into a rectangular pouch and add two pieces of velcro at both ends. You can use a full length velcro if it is required to close it all along. 

As always I love to add some custom touch to what I make and so added some unique detailing on each one.


 After stitching these pouches, I used 3D liners with fabric paints to draw these designs. Since the designs I chose were fairly simple, I never had to trace them out prior to painting. If we look close into the jute texture, we can see the pores to be pretty big. Hence its always good to use fabric paints right out of the bottle, without using water. Even small quantity of water causes the paint to blot on jute undesirably.



The only thing I wish I had taken care of was the thread color I used to stitch the pouch. If I was patient enough to use the exact color of thread, I think this would have looked way better.

Comments

Popular Posts