Being Scroogelike

This is one of my most stingy piece of work. I had a pretty piece of floral fabric which I could imagine to be a good looking tote. I had made up my mind not to buy even a little more fabric for this experiment.  Needless to say I am quite an art junkie and collect a lot of art supply - I preserve every little bead, fabric, paint, sequin, scrap paper and what not.

So I was confident that I would find all that I need in my treasured boxes of scrap.




The only thing was to achieve a well sized bag (not too small due to the limited fabric). After trying to fold it in couple of different ways I ended up with one convincing pattern.

Lets put this into some paper perspective,




 I first cut out some part of the fabric for the bag handles and used the rest to achieve a pattern as
shown above. To give it some kind of firmness, I used a black inner lining. I just had to place them both together and stitch the bag.

                                 

And yes I had some custom requirements, I stitched in a little pouch with a zipper into the bag to provide some handy inside space. It was a little color mismatched, never the less I at least kept with not having to buy more fabric :)



 The one little thing I ended up buying was the wooden button, I love the way it fits in :D



So finally, this is how it looks.













Comments

Popular Posts